Case Study: Stikeman Elliott LLP
When one of the country’s top law firms undertakes “due diligence” and ultimately chooses you, it’s pretty clear that you must be doing something right. This was the case when partners at Stikeman Elliott decided to change the manner in which they were managing their corporate web presence. After hiring a top knowledge management consulting firm to lead a nation-wide agency search process, Thrillworks was selected.
There were a number of interesting challenges posed by this client:
- Stikeman Elliott invited a well-known knowledge management firm to participate in an RFP for implementing their new website, which would use an enterprise Content Management System (CMS) known as RedDot. However, because the firm had no expertise with RedDot CMS, they sought to partner with a company with the required skills.
- Upon being identified as a qualified agency in a cross-Canada search, Thrillworks then had to pass through a short-list process which included satisfying the firm’s CTO.
- As a result of the consulting firm wanting to retain responsibility for the actual website design, Thrillworks had to demonstrate its agency capabilities—without infringing on the role of the incumbent with whom it would work if selected. As well, we had to make sure that we didn’t create too much overlap between the agencies which would result in wasted time, effort and money for the client.
Once the consulting firm had narrowed down the various agencies into a short list, Thrillworks was able to showcase its strengths and partnership approach to business.
- We were able to demonstrate our knowledge of the RedDot CMS and assured the client that we’d empower and enable their marketing department to handle website content without burdening an already busy IT department—all while adhering to corporate standards.
- After being selected, Thrillworks took responsibility for total installation of the software, developed the specifications for hardware, and worked with Stikeman Elliott’s hosting team to ensure a smooth launch of the new website.
- Thrillworks developed and provided all necessary staff training (pre- and post-launch) on the new CMS, both for administrative and authoring purposes.
- Through our business philosophy (always doing “what’s right for the client”), professional yet relaxed demeanour and lack of ego, the knowledge management firm liked what it saw in Thrillworks. A healthy respect and positive working relationship quickly developed and continues to this day.
- The site was launched successfully, on time and on budget, to the great satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- The architecture Thrillworks put in place brought about much-needed improvement to the client’s systems and flow of information.
- Management at Stikeman Elliott was so satisfied with Thrillworks that they continue to work in an ongoing fashion with us today, more than three years after the initial assignment.
- We still enjoy a relationship with the knowledge management firm that selected us.
- Stikeman Elliott voluntarily referred us to one of their competitors so that we could help them get their own RedDot project completed.
Visit Client Website